Welcome to another episode of the World of Empowerment podcast! In today's thought-provoking installment, your hosts Ahonu & Aingeal Rose delve deep into the concept of the egocentric self.
Feeling the ego is too strong, Ahonu has a moment on the mountain in which he explores our egocentric self and how our narrow focus holds us back from true empowerment.
We live in a world where events and circumstances often keep us confined to thinking small and narrowly focused on our own selves. But what if there was a way to break free from this limiting mindset?
Join Ahonu as he explores the notion that we tend to perceive everything in the world as being about us - from sales and arguments to our personal lives. He challenges the idea of constantly asking, "what's in it for me?" and instead proposes something much grander and enduring, asking is it possible there is a bigger picture beyond our own egocentric thinking?
He invites you to shift your perspective and think more globally, considering the vast expanse of time and space that stretches back billions of years. Our short-lived existence on this planet may not be as significant as we often believe, so what if there is more? Could there be multiple lives? And how might embracing this larger outlook transform our involvement in petty issues and egocentric thoughts?
Get ready to expand your horizons and step into a world of empowerment as we challenge the limited scope of our ego-centric selves. It's time to think bigger and embrace a broader perspective on life!
It’s only 3 minutes long - don't miss this enlightening episode of the World of Empowerment podcast at https://podcast.worldofempowerment.com.
Here are some questions this episode raises:
- How do our egocentric tendencies impact our ability to see the bigger picture?
- In what ways do events in the world and in our lives keep us focused on ourselves?
- How does thinking "what's in it for me?" limit our ability to find greater meaning and purpose in life?
- What are some practical steps we can take to shift from an egocentric mindset to a more globally-oriented perspective?
- Have you ever experienced a situation where you realized that your egocentric thinking was hindering your growth or causing unnecessary conflict?
- How can considering the long-term perspective of billions of years help us overcome our attachment to petty issues?
- What do you think about the idea of multiple lives and how does it affect our egocentric thinking?
- Can you think of any examples where thinking globally rather than egocentrically could result in more positive outcomes?
- How does our ego play a role in our ability to empower ourselves and others?
- Have you ever had a moment where you were able to step back from an egocentric mindset and see a bigger perspective? How did it impact your life?
Blessings and bye for now,